CIMA Plenary 20 21
Overview of activity since the last plenary meeting
Activity slow due to Covid-19 precautions & restrictions.
2) Sport in your country
National Championships successfully carried out 25-27 June 2021
Due to the use of Espen Grønstads Air Sports Live Tracking system we were able to attract significantly more participants and have an unprecedented live presentation of the championships on national television.
Norw. Team for FAI WMC Hosin, selected, but WMC cancelled.
FAI CIMA records
Special achievements or awards
3) Regulatory and legal issues
Changes to law or regulations
What are the legal MTOM weight limits in your country for:
Microlights: 450/472,5 kg
Autogyros: 560 kg
as per present EASA
Norway OPT-OUT for 600kg MTOM /45 kts stallspeed is in process for implementation, probably happening 1. Quarter 2022
Number of members in your association:
Norwegian Airsport Federation, Sport Aircraft Section
Members as of 31.12 .20 20 ; 1160
- Number of current microlight pilot licences in your country (total):
564 valid as of 31.12.2020 ,
- Number of registered / flying classic microlight /sport aircraft: 3 11 as of 31.12. .20 20 ,
- Annual total microlight
Flight Hours (20
- Annual total microlight /sport aircraft Flight s (20 20 ): 28453 flights
- Number of Paramotors approx. 200
- Number of incident reports last year 3 8
- Number of fatalities (20 20 ): 2 (this year 2021 none, so far)
5) Any other comments
By 01.01.2020 the Microlight Section of Norwegian Airsport Federation changed its name to the Sport Aircraft Section .
Terminology for microlight aircraft is subsequently changed to Sport Aircraft .
Delegate for Norway