A Personal space can be set up by a user to tell the World about himself and to attach documents to Etc.
Each user can only have one personal space in the entire wiki.
|Personal spaces are designed to be for FAI related interest and business.
By all means tell the World what aircraft you fly, what kind of equipment you use, what you have been doing lately, your achievements Etc.
Use it to publish documents and proposals related to FAI or commission issues when you don't have permission to load them into a subject-related space.
|You must not use your personal space for commercial purposes or load non FAI related stuff into your personal space, for example content relating to the philatelic club you are also a member of.
Such content will be deleted without warning by a FAI wiki administrator.
FAI wiki users are requested to report suspected abuse of personal spaces to wikiAdmin@fai.org
Repeated abuse could lead to you losing the privilege of having a personal space at all.
Your personal space will exist so long as you have a login to the FAI wiki. If you step down from being a delegate to your commission and you have no other FAI position (eg as a co-opted member of a committee, president or secretary of a commission Etc) then your wiki login will be deleted and your personal space will no longer exist.
- Go to your personal menu at the top right of the page and select Create Personal space.
- In Who can use this space? The default settings are recommended. In any case do NOT enable anonymous users to contribute. Administrators will disable this if they find it, and may delete your personal space.
- In Theme, select the default theme which is designed to reflect the FAI overall look and feel.
- Click OK. The space will be created with a default home page for you to start work on.
Probably you do not have the correct layout with a menu on the left.
- Go to Space administration --> Choose Layout.
- Layouts are arranged in a tree, choose the PERSONAL layout under the FAI layout and click Save.
You must grant full space permissions to the wiki-administrators group
Because the wiki-administrators group must have full control over all content in the wiki, but are there mostly to help you.
- Go to Space administration --> Permissions and click on an Edit permissions button.
- In the Groups section, enter wiki-administrators in the Grant permission to box, and click Add
- Check all the boxes in the wiki-administrators row, and click the Save all button.
|If you do not grant this permission|
A wiki administrator will simply delete your entire login and your personal space will be irrecoverably deleted with it.
You can use all the features and Macros available to any other wiki pages in your personal space.
- Go to Space administration --> Remove space.
- Your space will be permanently deleted.