You are viewing an old version (v. 18) of this page.
Once you have been granted a login to the FAI wiki, here are some suggestions for getting started
- Login The current user name is in the top right of the screen. If you are not logged in then you are an anonymous user. Click on anonymous to get the login menu.
- Set your personal profile. When logged in, your name should be in the top right of the screen. Click on this to see your personal menu; click on Profile. Here you can:
- Reset your password to something more memorable.
- Load a picture of yourself
- Click on edit to edit your personal details such as email address, telephone number, Etc. Please retain a description of your position, Eg Delegate to a commission representing a country so everyone knows who you are, but you're welcome to add to it. In the company section it is suggested you put something appropriate like 'Delegate' in the position field, your FAI commission in the department field and your country in the Location field.
- Set your timezone In the settings tab (or settings from your personal menu).
- Set your language System menus Etc. can be displayed in English, French or German. In the settings tab (or settings from your personal menu).
- Set your site homePage The default is Dashboard and you may prefer to set it to your commission's home page. In the settings tab (or settings from your personal menu).
- Get notified The wiki offers various ways to to be notified of changes in the wiki in RSS feeds or by email. The simplest is to Subscribe to daily updates by email. In the settings tab --> Email (or settings from your personal menu --> Email).
- Set up a personal space. Please see about personal spaces. In your personal menu --> Create personal space.
Note that only people who are logged in can see your personal profile information, anonymous users cannot.
- The wiki is laid out in Spaces and sub-spaces. Generally a FAI commission will have one top level space and a number of sub-spaces. Wiki users may also have set up their own personal space.
- The root of all global spaces is the Dashboard and there is a link to this in the breadcrumbs 'trail' at the top of every wiki page.
- You can access users' personal spaces from the main menu: view --> other pages --> people directory.
- Depending on the groups you are a member of you will have more Permissions in some spaces than others. By default everyone is a member of the confluence-users group and by default members of this group have permission to view and make comments on every page. You have total control over your personal space.
- The entire list of spaces in the wiki is:
- FAI IT Expert Group
- FAI New Technology Expert Group
- FAI wiki documentation