<< View previous version | view page history | view next version >>
The 3rd Asian Beach Games are now over, 31 Pilots from 7 Nations participated and it can be concluded the Paramotor event was a great success. There were no protests, which has only ever happened in a Cat 1 Paramotor event once before.
Reports and photos of the day to day action can be found at the FAI portal and related articles.
A full set of results are included here on the wiki or at http://results.haiyang2012.com and they have been included in the 2012 WLC.
A big thankyou must be extended to:
- OCA for agreeing to include Paramotors in the ABG for the first time. It is to be hoped this is just the start of a fruitful relationship which will get us included in future ABG events, next one being Phuket, Thailand in November 2014.
- HABGOC, the organizing committee for providing an excellent infrastructure and an incredible number of volunteers, even if the security was a bit excessive to the extent that we had very few spectators.
- Air Sports Federation of China, in particular Madame Li, President of ASFC, Mr WANG Yong Li, Head of Department, and Mr ZHANG Wei, Competition director, who provided a really excellent team of marshals to run the competition.
- Swiss Timing, In particular Pavel and Radek, who showed us how instant live scoring can really add value to events like this.
- FAI President John Grubbstrom who was present at most of the event, Rob Hughes, Senior Sports Manager at FAI Secretariat who acted as Jury President and gave detailed Jury training to Steven Streshta (NEP) and Rohaizi Md Hussin (MAS).
Nearly all of the rest of the information in this section of the wiki is of a pre-event nature but is retained as a historical record which may be referred to should Paramotors be included in future Asian Beach Games.
As announced in FAI-News of 29 April 2011,, Powered Paragliders (Paramotors) will, for the first time ever, be part of the official sports program of the Asian Beach Games to be held in Haiyang (CHN) from 16 to 22 June 2012.
The Asian Beach Games is a multi-sport event to be held every two years among athletes representing countries from Asia. The Games are regulated by the Olympic Council of Asia (OCA) which currently has a membership of 45 National Olympic Committees (NOC). The Sports Programme of the 3rd Asian Beach Games in June 2012 at Haiyang (CHN) includes an event for Powered Paragliders (Paramotors).
FAI is recognized by the IOC and hence OCA as the World governing body for all airsports and is therefore responsible for providing the rules and technical assistance for this event; which it is doing via CIMA, the FAI Air Sport Commission responsible for Microlights and Paramotors, whose President Richard Meredith-Hardy has been appointed by the FAI as Technical Delegate to the Local Organising Committee (HABGOC).
The Powered Paragliders (Paramotors) event at the 3rd Asian Beach Games is based on the principles adopted for the FAI World Air Games 2009, which focused on short, media- and public-attractive tasks.
This section of the wiki will be updated as and when there is more news and information available for Pilots and NACs interested to compete in the 3rd Asian Beach Games.
Dates and Deadlines
Daily schedule of events
X = competition day
A number = number of medal ceremonies that day.
Therefore the Powered Paragliding event is 5 competition days Sunday - Thursday with 4 medal ceremonies on the Thursday.