This FAQ attempts to describe the World League Cup in simpler terms than the formal rules.
- What organizers need to do to participate in WLC.
- What pilots need to do to participate in WLC.
- What is an elective team?
- How to establish an elective team
- Event organizers and elective teams
- What the WLC is all about.
- How WLC works.
- Why WLC is good for organizers.
- Why WLC is good for pilots.
- Why WLC is good for manufacturers and other sponsors
- Ask your NAC's CIMA Delegate to place your event in a CIMA Wiki web calendar (45 days before competition).
- Transfer sanction fee via Paypal to FAI (45 days before competition) The fee for 2012 is fixed at EUR 50.
- Get a FAI Sporting Licence
- (optionally) Join an elective team
Elective Teams are a way for possible sponsors or groups of pilots who want to declare their social community, to group together, and thus bring another level of competition.
So besides manufacturer teams, "Guinness Beer Funs", or "Rainbow Children" are all possible. The total of three best pilots in each elective team in each event is scored in the WLC General scoring alongside the individual and national scores.
See the elective teams page
A dedicated 'WLC elective team' selection item will be installed on the paypal page soon.
In the meantime:
Go to the web page: http://www.fai.org/cima-events/payment-of-a-faicima-sanction-fee and enter the following data:
- Title of event: nnn - Elective Team
- Event date: WLC 2012
- Sport: Paramotor World League Cup
- Country: ccc
- nnn is a name of your Elective Team
- ccc is a name of a country where sponsor of Elective Team is located, although in this case it is not important.
The whole-season fee for an elective team is EUR 75.
Once you have paid, simply invite pilots onto your team and get them to declare it to the organizer before the start of each event.
- Pilots are invited by the elective team 'owner' to be in their team.
- Pilots can be a member of an unlimited number of elective teams, but can only be in one team at each event, therefore organizers must get pilots to declare which elective team they are in (if any) before the first task in each event.
- Pilots cannot change elective team after the first task in an event, but they can switch teams between events.
- Organizers are encouraged to produce an elective team scoring for each event.
- Organizers MUST at least provide the list of who was in which team at the event so the WLC general scoring can be updated correctly.
The WLC brings the results of National Championships together to find each year:
- A World League Champion.
- A World League National Team champion.
- A World League Elective team champion.
The season is from 1st October to 30th September the following year. Diplomas to are awarded to 1st, 2nd and 3rd places in each category at the CIMA annual Plenary meeting which is usually in the second week of November, national delegates can then take them back home for distribution to the recipients.
Participating event organizers provide their results to CIMA and they are tabulated to show the current status of every participating pilot.
There is a tangible result at the end of each season; who is the best pilot?
Sponsors can create 'elective teams' into which they invite pilots, these team results are tabulated the same as individual results.