<< View previous version | view page history | view next version >>
This FAQ attempts to describe the World League Cup in simpler terms than the formal rules.
- What organizers need to do to participate in WLC.
- What pilots need to do to participate in WLC.
- What is an elective team?
- How to establish an elective team
- Event organizers and elective teams
- What the WLC is all about.
- How WLC works.
- Why WLC is good for organizers.
- Why WLC is good for pilots.
- Why WLC is good for manufacturers and other sponsors
What organizers need to do to participate in WLC.
- Ask your NAC's CIMA Delegate to place your event in a CIMA Wiki web calendar (45 days before competition).
- Transfer sanction fee via Paypal to FAI (45 days before competition)
What pilots need to do to participate in WLC.
- Get a FAI Sporting Licence
- (optionally) Join an elective team
What is an elective team?
See the elective teams page
How to establish an elective team
A dedicated 'WLC elective team' selection item will be installed on the paypal page soon.
In the meantime:
Go to the web page: http://www.fai.org/cima-events/payment-of-a-faicima-sanction-fee and enter the following data:
- Title of event: nnn - Elective Team
- Event date: WLC 2012
- Sport: Paramotor World League Cup
- Country: ccc
- nnn is a name of your Elective Team
- ccc is a name of a country where sponsor of Elective Team is located, although in this case it is not important.
The whole-season fee for an elective team is EUR 75.
Event organizers and elective teams
- Pilots are invited by the elective team 'owner' to be in their team.
- Pilots can be a member of an unlimited number of elective teams, but can only be in one team at each event, therefore organizers must get pilots to declare which elective team they are in (if any) before the first task in each event.
- Pilots cannot change elective team after the first task in an event, but they can switch teams between events.
- Organizers are encouraged to produce an elective team scoring for each event.
- Organizers MUST at least provide the list of who was in which team at the event so the WLC general scoring can be updated correctly.
What the WLC is all about.
The WLC brings the results of National Championships together to find each year:
- A World League Champion.
- A World League National Team champion.
- A World League Elective team champion.
The season is from 1st October to 30th September the following year. Diplomas to are awarded to 1st, 2nd and 3rd places in each category at the [CIMA annual Plenary meeting|http://wiki.fai.org/display/cimaPlenaries} which is usually in the second week of November, national delegates can then take them back home for distribution to the recipients.
How WLC works.
Participating event organizers provide their results to CIMA and they are tabulated to show the current status of every participating pilot.
Why WLC is good for organizers.
Events get into the WLC calendar and qualify as a FAI Category 2 event in the FAI Calendar. The WLC system encourages pilots to travel to those events (and pay entry fees).
Why WLC is good for pilots.
There is a tangible result at the end of each season; who is the best pilot?
Why WLC is good for manufacturers and other sponsors
Sponsors can create 'elective teams' into which they invite pilots, these team results are tabulated the same as individual results.