This FAQ attempts to describe the World League Cup in simpler terms than the formal rules.
- What organizers need to do to participate in WLC.
- What pilots need to do to participate in WLC.
- What is an elective team?
- How to establish an elective team
- Event organizers and elective teams
- What the WLC is all about.
- How WLC works.
- Why WLC is good for organizers.
- Why WLC is good for pilots.
- Why WLC is good for manufacturers and other sponsors
- Ask your NAC's CIMA Delegate to place your event in a CIMA Wiki web calendar (45 days before competition).
- Transfer sanction fee via Paypal to FAI (45 days before competition)
- Get a FAI Sporting Licence
- (optionally) Join an elective team
See the elective teams page
A dedicated 'WLC elective team' selection item will be installed on the paypal page soon.
In the meantime:
Go to the web page: http://www.fai.org/cima-events/payment-of-a-faicima-sanction-fee and enter the following data:
- Title of event: nnn - Elective Team
- Event date: WLC 2012
- Sport: Paramotor World League Cup
- Country: ccc
- nnn is a name of your Elective Team
- ccc is a name of a country where sponsor of Elective Team is located, although in this case it is not important.
The whole-season fee for an elective team is EUR 75.
Before the start of your event you should get pilots to declare which elective team they are in (if any).
Pilots cannot change teams in an event after the first task, but they can switch teams between events.
The WLC brings the results of National Championships together to find a World League Champion each year.
Participating event organizers provide their results to CIMA and they are tabulated to show the current status of every participating pilot.
There is a tangible result at the end of each season; who is the best pilot?
Sponsors can create 'elective teams' into which they invite pilots, these team results are tabulated the same as individual results.