This FAQ attempts to describe the World League Cup in simpler terms than the [formal rules|WLC Rules].
h3. What organizers need to do to participate in WLC.
# Ask your NAC's CIMA Delegate to place your event in a [CIMA Wiki web calendar|http://wiki.fai.org/display/cima/Calendar] (45 days before competition).
# [Transfer sanction fee via Paypal to FAI|https://www.fai.org/page/cima-sanction-fee] (45 days before competition) The fee is fixed at EUR 50.
# If you ar not able to transfer via Paypal, transfer to: FAI CIMA, IBAN: CH090483 5045 7968 3200 8, SWIFT/BIC: CRES CHZZ80A, Bank Credit Suisse Private Banking, Rue du Lion d'Or 5-7, CH 1002 Lausanne. Very important: Please ensure, that ALL bank fees are for the originator.
h3. What pilots need to do to participate in WLC.
# Get a FAI Sporting Licence
# (optionally) Join an [elective team|cimaContinentalCup:WLC Elective Teams]
h3. What is an elective team?
Elective Teams are a way for possible sponsors or groups of pilots who want to declare their social community, to group together, and thus bring another level of competition.
So besides manufacturer teams, "Guinness Beer Funs", or "Rainbow Children" are all possible. The total of three best pilots in each elective team in each event is scored in the [WLC General scoring|WLC Results 2012] alongside the individual and national scores.
See the [elective teams|cimaContinentalCup:WLC Elective Teams] page
h3. How to establish an elective team
A dedicated 'WLC elective team' selection item will be installed on the paypal page soon.
In the meantime:
Go to the web page: [https://www.fai.org/page/cima-sanction-fee] and enter the following data:
* Title of event: *nnn* \- Elective Team
* Event date: WLC 2012
* Sport: Paramotor World League Cup
* Country: *ccc*
* *nnn* is a name of your Elective Team
* *ccc* is a name of a country where sponsor of Elective Team is located, although in this case it is not important.
The whole-season fee for an [elective team|cimaContinentalCup:WLC Elective Teams] is EUR 75.
Once you have paid, simply invite pilots onto your team and get them to declare it to the organizer before the start of each event.
Please email FAI with the description and contact details you propose are published on the [elective team|cimaContinentalCup:WLC Elective Teams] page.
h3. Event organizers and elective teams
* Pilots are invited by the [elective team|cimaContinentalCup:WLC Elective Teams] 'owner' to be in their team.
* Pilots can be a member of an unlimited number of elective teams, but can only be in *one* team at each event, therefore organizers must get pilots to declare which elective team they are in (if any) before the first task in each event.
* Pilots cannot change elective team after the first task in an event, but they can switch teams between events.
* Organizers are encouraged to produce an elective team scoring for each event.
* Organizers MUST at least provide the list of who was in which team at the event so the [WLC general scoring|WLC Results 2012] can be updated correctly.
h3. What the WLC is all about.
The WLC brings the results of National Championships together to find each year:
* A World League Champion.
* A World League National Team champion.
* A World League [Elective team|cimaContinentalCup:WLC Elective Teams] champion.
The season is from 1st October to 30th September the following year. Diplomas to are awarded to 1st, 2nd and 3rd places in each category at the [CIMA annual Plenary meeting|http://wiki.fai.org/display/cimaPlenaries] which is usually in the second week of November, national delegates can then take them back home for distribution to the recipients.
h3. How WLC works.
Participating event organizers provide their results to CIMA and they are [tabulated|WLC Results 2012] to show the current status of every participating pilot.