Dear Microlighters of the World,
herewith I inform you that the World Microlight Cup, which was run in
13.-20 September, on Matkopuszta Airfield in Hungary, has come to an
end. There were 8 countries participating with 43 aircrafts present. The
weather was definitely bad, however in the intervals of rain and wind 6
tasks for the flex and rigid wings and 8 for the PPGs were run, thus the
winners in each classes were declared rightly.
The competitions run smoothly and in a friendly atmosphere and unlike
the weather the teams were very co-operative. Here I would like to thank
to all the teams for their assistance and a special thank to the British
Microlight Association. Well, they did not send a team, but assisted the
event with Richard Meredith Hardy, as PPG Director and covered all the
traveling costs of either him and his PPG as well. Thanks a lot.
The final results are attached. The daily results with the task
descriptions will be available on www.extra.hu/ulwldc soon. According
to our plans this page will contain all the documents preparing the
forthcoming FAI microlight event in 1999 and will stay at our disposal
during the whole championships.
See you there!
The files below each contain a number of separate documents.
* [cimaCompetitions:Pre - championship documents incl. local regs|^Pre competition documents.pdf]
* [cimaCompetitions:Task 1|^Task 1.pdf]
* [cimaCompetitions:Task 2|^Task 2.pdf]
* [cimaCompetitions:Task 3|^Task 3.pdf]
* [cimaCompetitions:Task 4|^Task 4.pdf]
* [cimaCompetitions:Task 5|^Task 5.pdf]
* [cimaCompetitions:Task 6|^Task 6.pdf]
* [cimaCompetitions:Task 7|^Task 7.pdf]
* [cimaCompetitions:Task 8|^Task 8.pdf]
* [cimaCompetitions:Final scores for all tasks, totals and team totals|^PPG FINAL SCORING.pdf]